A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
HAISLEY MACHINE is proud to be a small family owned and operated company located in the middle of the cornfields near Fairmount, Indiana.
Van & Patty Haisley started HAISLEY MACHINE & REPAIR in 1985 after moving back to Indiana from stays in Texas and Germany while Van served 7 years in the military. Our son Curt joined us full time in 2004 and the rest is history.
We started out offering machine shop services and general diesel repair work. The machine work slowed but the search for more horsepower quickly took over! First with the 6.2 Chevrolet trucks, then the Cummins! In 1994 we decided to specialize in Cummins engine repair and performance and have been very fortunate to continue that today. In 2012 we began a new chapter adding on to our building and adding a Land & Sea dual brake engine dyno! The winter of 2017 saw our machine shop swing into full operation offering CNC head porting, full automotive machine shop services in house!
2019 will bring the start of our Midget Racing Engine Program! We are hoping to at least 10 engines to the dirt tracks of America!
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS WITH THE BEST QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE THAT ARE AVAILABLE. WE KNOW YOU WORK HARD FOR YOUR MONEY AND WE WANT YOU TO GET THE MOST FOR IT.
MEET OUR STAFF
- HEAD COOK AND CHIEF BOTTLE WASHER!
- BESIDES BEING THE OWNER, VAN CAN BE FOUND JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE SHOP FROM ENGINE BUILDING TO TEAR DOWN. HE PROVIDES TECHNICAL EXPERTISE TO THE WHOLE OPERATION, IS AN EXCELLENT FABRICATOR, AND ON OCCASION CAN BE FOUND MOPPING THE FLOOR! DID I MENTION HE IS A “JACK OF ALL TRADES!”
- THE GODS BLESSED HIM WITH A GIFT OF MECHANICAL ABILITY. HE A PERFECTIONIST IN ALL THAT HE DOES AND WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE PARTS AND SERVICES THAT WE PROVIDE.
- HE WEARS A LOT OF HATS AND CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING! HE PULLS “ROCK HARD RAM” SUPER STOCK TRUCK.
- WE WILL CELEBRATE OUR 40TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY IN OCTOBER 2018 ALONG WITH 34 YEARS IN BUSINESS. WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE PUT DOWN A STRONG FOUNDATION FOR OUR FAMILY, OUR FRIENDS AND OUR BUSINESS
- AFTER 2 YEARS IN THE MAINTENANCE OFFICE OF MARION COLLEGE NOW INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY AND 13 YEARS AS OFFICE MANAGER IN THE PHYSICAL PLANT AT TAYLOR UNIVERSITY, I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO LEAVE ALL THAT FUN AND COME HOME TO OUR OWN BUSINESS FOR MORE OFFICE STUFF, I JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH! PHONE SUPPORT, ESTIMATES, INVOICES, WEBSITE MASTER-CRAFTSMAN! (NOT!) AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT BEING “TEAM MOM” TO THE PULLERS! I LOVE IT! WE ARE BLESSED!
- AFTER GRADUATION FROM PURDUE UNIVERSITY WITH A DEGREE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY IN 2004, CURT JOINED US HERE FULL TIME. CURT IS OUR RESIDENT CLUTCH BUILDER, ENGINE BUILDER, R&D, WELDER, DESIGN ENGINEER & TURBO SPECIALIST! HE ALSO WEARS MANY HATS… BUT AFTER ALL HE’S IN TRAINING TO BE “HEAD COOK AND CHIEF BOTTLE WASHER” SOME DAY! SOMETHING TO DO WITH BEING AN ONLY CHILD! CURT PULLS “OFF CONSTANTLY”, 1995 SUPER STOCK PULLING TRUCK
- IN 2004 HE MARRIED HIS JR. HIGH, HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE SWEETHEART, THE LOVELY WHITNEY SCHULTZ HAISLEY! WHITNEY IS A PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT IN MARION. NOW WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!
- CURT AND WHITNEY ARE BLESSED WITH TWO SONS, TRIPP AND GRADY!
- MASTER MACHINIST RETIRED FROM CHRYSLER CORP, HE MAKES A LOT OF THE GOODIES WE OFFER TO MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER AS WELL AS SOME OF THE ITEMS WE OFFER FOR SALE.
- SALES, PARTS COUNTER, SHIPPING & RECEIVING
- MACHINE OPERATOR AND I.T.
- MACHINE OPERATOR AND DRIVE IN MECHANIC
- DYNO OPERATOR, CYLINDER HEAD SPECIALIST, MECHANIC
- TEAR DOWN, BUILDING MAINTENANCE, HELPER OF EVERYONE!!
- RACING ENGINE DEVELOPMENT, CYLINDER HEAD SPECIALIST
- Rick comes to us from Gaerte Engine and Fontana Racing, he has many years of experience in his field! We are blessed to have him on our staff!
- NEW GAL ON THE BLOCK! SALES, PARTS COUNTER, SHIPPING & RECEIVING
- MY SAVING GRACE! CAROL HELPS ME WITH PAPERWORK!
- APPAREL SPECIALIST, ALL AROUND HELPER, FUTURE GRAPHIC ARTIST!
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHER! CHERYL HAS WORKED HERE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT TIMES AND HELPS ME OUT WHEN I NEED HER!!
IN GENERAL, WE LOVE WHAT WE DO! WE ARE THANKFUL EVERYDAY TO OUR CUSTOMERS AND FRIENDS FOR ALLOWING US TO DO SOMETHING WE WANT TO DO, NOT JUST SOMETHING WE HAVE TO DO! SO THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!